Mitsuri Kanroji is a Demon Slayer and the Love Pillar of the Demon Slayer Corps.
She was killed during the battle against Muzan Kibutsuji.
Mitsuri is a curvaceous young woman with fair skin and round, light green eyes with notably long eyelashes, a small mole beneath each of them. She has long, pale pink hair that fades into a neon green color at the halfway point, which she wears in three thick braids with five shorter clumps hanging over her face as bangs. When she was trying to get married, her hair was dyed black in an attempt to make herself look more "normal."
Mitsuri wears a modified version of the standard Demon Slayer uniform; the breast area is left unbuttoned to accommodate her chest size and she wears a short skirt in place of the usual hakama, and a plain white haori. As well as this, she wears a pair of navy blue thigh-high socks, over which she also sports the striped lime green socks Obanai Iguro gave to her, and pink laced footwear.
When at the Swordsmith Village, she wore a kimono with floral designs.
During her's and the other remaining Pillars' fight against Muzan, Mitsuri's left braid is cut off by one of Muzan Kibutsuji's attacks, now shortened to shoulder length, and part of her left ear is also torn at the side.
Mitsuri is a very emotional and passionate person, who is constantly complimenting people in her head, which likely relates to why she is called the 'The Pillar of Love.' She is rather shy, and is always soft and kind to others, most notably to Obanai, whom she appears to share an especially strong bond with, but is easily flustered and can't take insults very well. However, despite her gentle demeanor, Mitsuri will show no mercy in the face of Demons, instead expressing such sentiments with a passionate tone.
She is desperate for marriage, however, since she wants to find a man who's stronger than her, which is rather difficult due to her ludicrous strength.
Besides her rather emotional and loving personality, Mitsuri can also come off as somewhat childlike at times. When she is asked to explain the process of obtaining the Demon Slayer Mark, she describes it using noises and sounds. When the others hear this their reactions embarrass Mitsuri, causing her to start blushing.
Beyond that, Mitsuri has showcased a great amount of dedication to the Demon Slayers' cause. Despite of being put out of commission by Muzan at an early stage in their battle, she still comes in and fights back, even insulting Muzan as she does so.
She is a very caring person, always showing others her love as befits her Hashira title. When many Demon Slayers risk and sacrifice their lives to protect the remaining Hashira, she begs them to stop and not get themselves killed. She can get rather excitable, grabbing her friends for a big group hug after the battle against Gyokko and Hantengu.
When she is slashed by Muzan and taken out of the battle by Obanai, she says she wants to be of use and not drag everyone else down. She even begs for Obanai to come back and not get himself killed. This alludes to her love for him, the person she can finally feel for and be loved by. She shares Obanai's hope that they could reincarnate, meet each other and get married in other life.
Abilities and Skills: Edit
- As a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Mitsuri is a very powerful swordsman.
Natural Abilities: Edit
- Master Swordsman: Being a Pillar of the Demon Slayer Corps, Mitsuri is one of the most powerful and skilled swordsmen in the entire organization.
- Enhanced Speed: In her battle against Upper Moon Four, she is able to outpace his normal attacks, thus forcing the Upper Moon to start using Blood Demon Arts. After awakening her Demon Slayer Mark, her speed increases even further. That said, she is not as fast as some of her fellow Pillars, as shown in the battle against Muzan, where she struggled to keep up with him, forcing her to rely on luck and instinct to dodge. This proved unsuccessful as she was hit by multiple attacks, forcing her out of the fight entirely.
- Unique Constitution: Mitsuri has a special muscle composition with a density eight times that of a regular human. While her limbs are thin, they possess unrivalled strength and endurance capable of maintaining her body's structure after a point-blank attack from Upper Moon Four. To maintain the composition of her body, Mitsuri eats as much as three sumo wrestlers.
- Flexibility: As well as her body's extreme physical strength and durability, Mitsuri also possesses incredible flexibility and nimble reflexes, being capable of dodging and outpacing Upper Moon Four's attacks and making use of this unique constitution and flexibility to deliver powerful attacks.
- Demon Slayer Mark: During her battle against Upper Moon Four, Hantengu's Hatred Clone, Zohakuten, Mitsuri had unconsciously awakened and obtained her Demon Slayer Mark, that takes the form of two hearts upside down and opposite from each other with angel wings on both sides where the two heart tips meet that appear near her neck, close to her clavicle. When this manifested, Mitsuri's physical strength, endurance, precision and power increased dramatically to the point she was able to stand on equal grounds against Zohakuten, while he was unleashing his most powerful techniques against her
Fighting Techniques: Edit
- Unique Weapon: Mitsuri wields a "Love Sword" that is extremely thin and soft. She possesses the fastest techniques of the Pillars due to the strong suppleness of her blade, the softness of her muscles, and the mobility of her joints. Due to the difficulty of wielding her sword, only she can use it. Like Shinobu Kocho, Obanai, Tengen Uzui, and Gyomei Himejima, the weapon Mitsuri wields was exclusively created for use by her. Unlike Shinobu and Gyomei, who used their unique weapons as compensation for their flaws (relatively weak body and blindness), Mitsuri uses her weapon to take advantage of her natural gifts.
Breath of Love: A personal Breath Style created by the Love Pillar, Mitsuri Kanroji. The Breath of Love itself is originally branched out from the Breath of Flames. The forms and techniques that are used in this Breath Style can only be successfully performed by Mitsuri due the unique constitution of her body that renders her incredibly flexible and agile, but still possessing inhuman strength due to her muscles being eight times denser than a normal human's, allowing her to deliver fast and powerful blows and move unhindered due to her body not being physically bulky.
- First Style: Shivers of First Love: Mitsuri dashes forward with a series of slashes.
- Second Style: Anguish Inducing Love: An extended whipping slash.
- Third Style: Lovely Kitty Shower: Mitsuri leaps and unleashes a series of ranged arced attacks in quick succession.
- Fourth Style:
- Fifth Style: Wavering Attachment - Messy Nails: Mitsuri somersaults backwards through the air creating a long whip-like string of attacks, before coiling her sword around her opponents neck.
- Sixth Style: Cat-Legged Winds of Love: Mitsuri twirls upside-down and creates a helical slash with her sword, deflecting incoming attacks.